To the classmates in the Class of 1960, with reference to the 55th Class Reunion. As of today we have approximately 25 hotel rooms and 10 RV spaces reserved at the Mill Casino. When calling, (541-756-8800) to make reservations, be sure to ask for the “class of 60 block” to receive the discount rate. Many others will be staying with family, friends, or are making other arrangements.
- The official events start on FRIDAY EVENING, August 14, for a meet and greet at CONEY STATION, 295 South Broadway, Coos Bay. It will be a no host event, starting at 5:30. Stop by for a few minutes or plan on spending the evening visiting and having a light meal.
- On SATURDAY, August 15, our event is at the MILL CASINO, in the West Salmon Room. The no host social hour begins at 6:00 PM with a buffet supper starting at 7:00. The menu includes a carving station, chicken, salads, vegetables, rolls, desserts and beverages, for $40.00 per person. We will have live music and lots of time for sharing memories.
- The SUNDAY, August 16, event will also be at the MILL. It will be a mid-morning breakfast (11:00AM-1:00PM) on the patio…inside venue if we develop a weather problem. The buffet offers fruit, waffles, eggs, ham, bacon, potatoes, juice, and coffee or tea for $25.00 per person. The cost for the reunion is $130/ couple or $65.00/person for both events. Dinner only, $40.00, and breakfast buffet only, $25/per person.
- If you are interested in playing golf, please contact Mel Counts, 503-559-4671 or Jerry Weekly, 541-905-4919 directly. They need to know the number of tee times to set for Saturday at Watson ranch Golf Course (formerly Coos Country Club).
- The new Maritime and Historical Museum is open on the waterfront in Coos Bay near the old Timber Inn. We have a personalized tour scheduled for mid morning (around 11:00 AM) on Saturday, the 15th. That will give the opportunity to grab lunch with friends, visit family or hit a favorite spot from your past after the tour.
- We are also arranging an early Saturday morning tour of the New Heritage Hall in Pirate Palace at Marshfield, honoring outstanding alumni to include several of our classmates.
- We hope you will take time to enjoy the beach and other things of interest. The Egyptian Theater, which we saw five years ago, is now complete and worth another look.
SEND RSVP AND CHECKS TO: Class of 1960 – 55th Reunion, 1165 Winsor, North Bend, Oregon, 96459
*Detach and send with check
___Dinner and brunch for two, $130.00
___Dinner and brunch for one, $65.00
___Dinner only, for one, $40.00…..two,___$80.00
___Brunch only, for one, $25.00….two,___$50.00
___yes, I would be interested in a tour of the new museum
___yes, I would like to see the Heritage Hall at Marshfield High School
*Make checks payable to 55th Reunion, Class of “60
for more information you can contact Diane Thrift at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-756-7333
Missing classmates…MHS class of 1960
Lonnie St. Dennis
Jo Ann Brandt Golder
Sandra Patnode Tomey